- Psychological medicine practice – Located in Woolgoolga (NSW mid-north coast), this practice offers a highly confidential counselling and psychotherapy for men, teenage boys and their families. My expertise is in working with men experiencing difficulties in dealing with painful and destructive emotions and behaviours, relationships, intimacy and sexuality issues and is conducted under the auspices of Medicare; usual GP rebates are available. For men unable for geographical reasons to attend for continuing face-to-face counselling, telephone counselling may be appropriate after initial face-to-face assessment; unfortunately, Medicare does not give rebates for such telephone consultations. Please email me for further details.
Facilitating and Teaching
- Professional and corporate coaching – Telephone-based coaching may be combined with intermittent face-to-face sessions in Woolgoolga and other centres by individual arrangement
- QANTAS Pilot Mentoring Programme – Programme consultant and facilitation of experiential training workshops (2007-2008)
- Australian and International Pilots Association (AIPA) – Training for mentors of University of NSW aviation students (2009)
- Vietnam Veterans Counselling Service – Facilitation of numerous health and wellbeing workshops around NSW (2002-2007), National conference keynote speaker (2001)
- “Kidsmatter” Programme – Development of emotional intelligence workshop for teachers and workshop facilitation (2008)
- Aerial Agricultural Association of Australia – National Convention Keynote Speaker (2008), proposed development of human factors agenda and pilot training programme
- Men’s health and wellbeing – Development, promotion and teaching through numerous organisations including the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, Sydney and Newcastle Universities, Divisions of General Practice, Northern Sydney and Central Coast Health, ABC radio and Men’s Health Seminar for the House of Representatives Standing Committee on Family and Community Affairs.